Choosing Your Property:
- JML are a local presence and your representation in Macau, an extension of you here to look after your best interests.
Identifying & Renting The Right Property
- Choosing the right property and paying the right price will make
the difference between a good experience and a bad one. With over 20
years in Macau and the only company offering Property Administration
services, we know what works and what doesn’t.
- Property choices are limited in Macau, and there is a need to act
fast once a suitable property is identified. Tenants must have funds
ready to pay deposits, and be prepared to be able to move quickly. We
can make introductions to banks for you to speak with in advance as
- The Macau legal system is based on Portuguese law. Clients are
advised to use the services of a reputable law firm licensed in Macau to
assist with contracts. Tenancy Agreements are usually handled in house,
and comply with Macau law, and we can make introductions to the most
appropriate law firms based on your requirements upon request.
Careful Property Selection
- We consistently identify quality properties, the emphasis is placed
on efficiency and minimizing your risk. We conduct checks that include
complying with Macau Government regulations.
Preparation, Repairs & Maintenance Service
- The condition of a property is a primary concern when making a
choice. JML have a dedicated property administration team overseeing
property administration, and they are able to inspect and advise on
- The apartment inventory is recorded, and the value of each item in the apartment is estimated and recorded.
Expert lease negotiation
- We have a great deal of experience and confidence in negotiating
the best possible rental arrangement for tenants. All lease negotiations
are based on an analysis of market conditions, comparable property
rents, vacancy factors, general condition of the property and the length
of tenancy. All lease renewals are monitored and handled through our
- Our Property Manager and Administration team handle the initial
property handover as well as conducting the final inspections of the
property. Handovers, financial transactions and paperwork are handled in
the JML office.
When The Apartment Is Occupied:
Rental Collection, Disbursement & Rent Arrears Management
- Tenants can pay their rent online via a unique identifier. We have
sophisticated systems in place to minimize arrears and we closely
monitor the payment status to owners. Tenants may elect to access their
account information 24 hours a day via the online management system to
check the status of their account.
- Bill payment can be incredibly time consuming and frustrating. The
bill paying service is one of the simplest yet most valuable tasks we
perform, taking away the stress and worry of non-payment as well as the
many man hours that can be wasted trying to navigate your way through
the Macau utilities payment systems.
Ongoing Repairs & Maintenance Service
- As issues arise, owners are notified of the work required ahead of
time. Maintenance and replacement work is conducted with the owners’
permission if the cost exceeds the pre-agreed maintenance reserve. All
work is overseen, and we supervise all completed works before
authorizing payment on your behalf. Maintenance issues and costs can be
tracked using the JML online management system for owners. Tenants have
24/7 access to their account to report maintenance issues as they arise.
Tenant & Building Management Liaison
- JML builds lasting relationships with tenants, aiming to raise
tenant contentment and have them remain in the property for as long as
possible. Given the number of properties we manage in Macau, we are in
contact with most building’s management companies on a daily basis x
- A detailed schedule of the condition and full inventory of your
rental property is prepared prior to the leasing and a copy forwarded to
you for your records. The tenant is required to sign the document as
acknowledgement of the inventory and condition. At the time of the final
property inspection any missing or damaged items are accounted for and
replacement costs deducted from the tenants deposit monies
- Our Property Manager will conduct the final inspections and return
of the property. Any issues are recorded, and we liaise with the owner
for the return of the Tenant Security Deposits where applicable.
Security deposits are held by JML Property for JML ‘Platinum’
Clear Representation & Support
- JML are your local presence and representation in Macau, we are
effectively an extension of you, and look after your best interests at
Online Management System
- At any time, you can sign in to your secure password protected
online account and view your account status, financial statements and
Emergency Procedures / Typhoons
- In the event of a high category typhoon warning or other emergency,
tenants are contacted and provided with a list of to do items to secure
the property and make it “typhoon ready.”