EUROPEAN RESIDENCE THROUGH INVESTMENT IN PORTUGAL
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
This program allows free movement with your family througout the 27 countries in the Schengen Agreement. This is possible through authorization for residence obtained in Portugal by investing anywhere in its territory.
THROUGH INVESTMENT IN PROPERTY IN PORTUGAL
- Acquisition of property built a minimum of 30 years before, or which is located in an area of urban redevelopment, with a value greater than €350,000 where there is a requirement to carry out redevelopment works on it.
- Acquisition of a property with a value greater than €500,000.
- Investment in property can be made under a regime of co-owinership by a number of investors provided that each one invests a sum of €500,000 or more. In such a case, a residence permit is issued to each investor.
- The obtainment process of a Golden Visa can begin after signature of a Promissory Contract of Sale and Purchase which must indicate that the value of the transaction is €500,000 or more. In the case of properties under construction it is necessary to have the Horizontal Ownership registration.
- The Golden Visa will be renewed annually for a period of 5 years provided that the property is properly maintained during that period.
- The Golden Visa allows the investor to include a family group which extends to their spouse and dependent children.
- After acquisition of the property, it may be rented out immediately (investment guaranteed);
- At the end of the 5th year, the property may be sold since after this period of time the investor (and family) are considered permanent residents;
- At the end of the 6th year, the investor (and family) may request Portuguese nationality through naturalization;
- The investor (and family) way move freely throughout the 27 countries in the Schengen Agreement;
- The investor may base their business operations head oHice in Portugal and with that they have the right to work anywhere in Europe.