As property owners and investors ourselves, we have a full and complete understanding of what it means to own investment property.
Renting a property can be a very stressful exercise.
Many owners prefer to leave apartments empty rather than go to the trouble of finding a tenant, arranging contracts, deposits, phone calls, rental collection, payment verification, inventory management, follow ups and maintenance issues.
JML has been handling these issues for clients for almost a decade, and is the only company in Macau offering property management systems to property owners that include;
Choosing Your Investment:
- JML are a local presence and your representation in Macau. We are effectively an extension of you, here to look after our clients best interests at all times.
Identifying & Buying The Right Property
- Choosing the right property and paying the right price will make the difference between a good investment and a bad one. With 20 years of experience in Macau, purchasing our own properties and advising clients on more than $1,500,000,000 of investments, we know what works and what doesn't.
Limited Availability & Financing
- Property choices are limited in Macau, and there is a need to act fast once a suitable property is identified. Investors must have some cash in hand to be able to move quickly, and we will make introductions to suitable banks for you to speak with in advance and make financing arrangements.
- The Macau legal system is based on Portuguese law. Clients are advised to use the services of a reputable law firm licensed in Macau to assist with purchases and conduct due diligence on properties. We will make introductions to the most appropriate law firms based on your requirements, and do act for clients using a ‘Power Of Attorney’ where required.
When The Apartment Is Vacant:
Inspection, Preparation, Repairs & Maintenance Service
- The condition of your property is critical to its earning potential. JML have a dedicated property management team who’s sole job is to prepare apartments and have them in the best possible condition in the shortest time at the lowest cost. Vacant apartments are prepared and inspected up to 3 times per week during vacant periods to ensure that it is clean and tidy and carry out preventative maintenance. A report will be prepared and forwarded to you together with comments and recommendations concerning any action that may be required for us to organize with external contractors or building management. Any work will be overseen and we supervise all completed works before authorizing payment on your behalf.
- The apartment inventory is recorded, and the value of each item in the apartment is noted and recorded. This helps with replacement budgets and forecasts as the property ages, and of course lets tenants know the value of items as they move into a property.
Marketing Your Property / Properties
- To attract the ‘right’ tenant at the right time, JML advertising includes high profile internet campaigns, complete with photos (min 4 + floor plans where available), strip black and white advertising in the local newspaper and colour “feature” advertising in the local newspaper if required. We also reach prospective tenants through our internal database and newsletter, through our contacts with relocation companies and HR departments of large Macau organizations. Inspections for prospective tenants are conducted seven days a week
Careful Tenant Selection
- We consistently identify and place quality tenants, the emphasis is placed on maximizing rental return and minimizing your risk. We conduct checks that include background and employment, and that tenants comply with Macau Government regulations.
Expert lease negotiation
- We have a great deal of experience and confidence in negotiating the best possible rental arrangement for our owners. All lease negotiations are based on an analysis of market conditions, comparable property rents, vacancy factors, general condition of the property, tenant quality and the length of tenancy. All lease renewals are monitored and handled through our office
- Our Property Manager and Administration team handle the initial property handover as well as conducting the final inspections of the property. Handovers, financial transactions and paperwork are handled in the JML office.
When The Apartment Is Occupied:
Rental Collection, Disbursement & Rent Arrears Management
- Tenants can pay their rent online via a unique identifier and at time of signing we recommend that they create an ongoing schedule of payments. We have sophisticated systems in place to minimize arrears and we closely monitor the payment status of all tenants. Our arrears procedure is instigated as soon as the Macau Government regulations deem the rental payment as overdue (9 days). Owners may elect to access their account information 24 hours a day via the online management system to check the status of their account.
Ongoing Repairs & Maintenance Service
- As issues arise, owners are notified of the work required ahead of time. Maintenance and replacement work is conducted with the owners’ permission if the cost exceeds the pre-agreed maintenance reserve. All work is overseen, and we supervise all completed works before authorizing payment on your behalf. Maintenance issues and costs can be tracked using the JML online management system for owners.
Tenant & Building Management Liaison
- JML builds lasting relationships with tenants, aiming to raise tenant contentment and have them remain in the property for as long as possible. Given the number of properties we manage in Macau, we are in contact with most building’s management companies on a daily basis
- A detailed schedule of the condition and full inventory of your property is prepared prior to the leasing and a copy forwarded to you for your records. The tenant is required to sign the document as acknowledgement of the inventory and condition. At the time of the final property inspection any missing or damaged items are accounted for and replacement costs deducted from the tenants deposit monies
- Our Property Manager will conduct the final inspections and return of the property. Any issues are recorded, and funds withheld from Tenant Security Deposits where applicable.
Clear Representation & Support
- JML are your local presence and representation in Macau, we are effectively an extension of you, and look after your best interests at all times.
Online Management System
- At any time, you can sign in to your secure password protected online account and view your account status, financial statements and reports.
Emergency Procedures / Typhoons
- In the event of a high category typhoon warning or other emergency, unoccupied managed apartments will be inspected for safety. In the event of a high category typhoon, and where time permits, tenants will be contacted and provided with a list of to do items to secure the property and make it “typhoon ready.”