As a property owner and investors, you may be worried about the contents of your property and how it is being treated by the tenant.
At JML, we lay out guidelines for tenants as they move in, and it certainly helps to ensure everyone has consistent expectations.
Every item in the property is listed along with an estimated replacement cost, letting the tenant know the value of the item and highlighting the extent of their responsibility.
In JML Managed Apartments, the full inventory is logged, priced and recorded prior to occupation, and tenants acknowledge this when they take possession.
Inventory loss & damage is commonplace in rental properties.
Aside from normal “wear and tear”, most conflicts are caused when deciding who is responsible for repair costs.
JML have developed procedures to protect owners and tenants, creating a healthy relationship between all parties involved.
Process & Procedure for Tenant
- The total inventory is recorded by the Property Officer
- A replacement cost is allocated to each item based on its age and quality
- The inventory price is depreciated over the course of 1 – 10 years depending on the item.
- Should any damage occur to the inventory due to tenant negligence, the item must be replaced or paid for according to its value.
In Macau’s humid climate, empty apartments deteriorate very quickly.
JML run a preventative maintenance program to avoid major issues, ensure the apartment is ready for rent, and prevent a build up of unwanted mould.
The property inspection takes place up to 3 times per week, and includes.
- Air-conditioning and dehumidifier will be switched on to prevent mold and fungus from occurring (This only applies to an empty apartment).
- All elctrical items are tested
- Windows are inspected for signs of leakage and damage
- A monthly inspection report is compiled to record any issues